By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Grounds for Giving LLC (hereafter GFG or Grounds for Giving) web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Grounds for Giving web site; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Grounds for Giving at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the Grounds for Giving web site are provided “as is”. Grounds for Giving LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Grounds for Giving LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Grounds for Giving or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Grounds for Giving’s Internet site, even if Grounds for Giving or a Grounds for Giving authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Grounds for Giving web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Grounds for Giving does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Grounds for Giving may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Grounds for Giving does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Grounds for Giving has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Grounds for Giving of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the Grounds for Giving web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. The term “Profit”, as used in this website and marketing materials from Grounds for Giving LLC is defined as what remains after subtracting costs from revenues for each product. Any financial donations made to Charities listed on our website are made by GFG and not by our customers. As such, this will likely prevent these donations from being tax-deductible by customers. A tax professional should be consulted for further assessment and determination if customers have further questions.
2. The monies exchanged during purchase transactions on this website are considered normal purchases and not donations. Once the money is received by GFG, it becomes the property of GFG. As such, the use of these monies is at the sole discretion of GFG. The use of a charity code during checkout should not be construed as a “contract” in any way, but rather a request for a donation to be made by GFG to a particular charity or non-profit organization. GFG will make reasonable attempts to honor this request for donation made by the customer(s).
3. The selection of a charity by customers shopping on Grounds for Giving website represents a request by a customer for GFG to donate profit from purchased products to a specific charity. This request for donation should not be construed as a “contract” in any way. Any donations will be made at the sole discretion of Grounds for Giving LLC and it’s employees. By using this website and purchasing products from GFG, you agree to grant GFG ultimate discretion in regards to which charities will receive donations and what amounts will be donated.
4. Although the registration of a Charity on the GFG web site represents a conditional acceptance of the specific charity as an informal business partner, this acceptance may be revoked by Grounds for Giving at any time without prior notice to customers. In the event that a charity’s conditional acceptance is revoked, any profit which has not yet been donated, will be donated or used at the discretion of Grounds for Giving or may be donated to another similar charity.
5. Reasonable attempts will be made by Grounds for Giving management to donate profits to the charities requested by customers. However, the selection of a charity before or during a purchase transaction does not necessarily guarantee the amount or beneficiary of the donation related to the specific transaction.
6. GFG does not illegally discriminate. Anyone and everyone is welcome to purchase GFG products as long as they are respectful of our other customers and abide by the terms and conditions contained herein. Anyone who does not behave respectfully while using our website, at the sole discretion of GFG management, may have their account deactivated and purchasing privileges revoked.
7. Although GFG does not illegally discriminate, by using this website and making purchases, each customer agrees to grant GFG and it’s employees professional and personal discretion regarding which charities will be granted registration on the website. There are many factors which are considered when considering adding a new charity.
8. In the rare event that GFG does not approve a customer’s request to add a new charity, the customer agrees to accept this determination by GFG and it’s employees. The customer further accepts that the reasons for not approving the charity will remain private and confidential. This confidentiality is for the sake of all parties involved. If GFG is not able to approve the addition of a requested charity, this does not prevent the customer from making donations directly to the charity themselves. All of our customers are free to spend and donate their own money as they deem appropriate.
9. Some types of non-profits which GFG is not willing to partner with or make donations to are: those which are political in nature, those which are extremely controversial(which may easily cause division or feuds among customers), those associated with causing or spreading “hate”, or those which may be associated with terrorism in any way. This is not an exhaustive list of charity exclusions, and may be revised at any time without prior notice.
10. It is the goal of GFG to love, serve, and respect all individuals and be a positive contributor to our community.